Saturday, October 23, 2010

My fall *mantel*

My 500-some-odd square foot apartment has no fireplace.  I know, right?!  Total bummer!  But, luckily, I can try my darndest to fake a mantel with a floating shelf above the TV.  This is my version of a fall mantel:

DSCN0541

The text and idea for the Wordle came from Domestically Speaking, but I added a few more words and changed up the colors.  I love the maroon-ish color for future living room walls…  The frame is a Dollar Tree original.

DSCN0546

I found these sprays at Michaels; they were 50% off, which made them $1 each!  I already had the vase (another Michaels 50% off find).  I added the orange ribbon to tie the vase in with the sprays.  The ribbon was 2-for-$5, a pretty good deal for wide ribbon like this.  The two Pottery Barn-esque pumpkins came from…  the DOLLAR TREE!  I also got a mottled green pumpkin, but didn’t think it would really fit here.

DSCN0544

All together, my fall mantel cost around $6.50 and looks like a million bucks!

New Blog Sign-off

No comments:

Post a Comment