Friday, September 10, 2010

I did it!!

This was the inspiration for my Book Wreath:


I found it at Living With Lindsay.

After three days, burnt (and blistered) fingers and a leg, and almost a whole pack of glue sticks, I made this:


I am SO in love with this wreath!!  I made it from a book called There Is No Me Without You by Melissa Faye Greene, which I found at the Dollar Tree.  I also got the foam wreath form from the Dollar Tree.  The grand total for actual materials was $2 dollars!!  (I had to buy the glue gun and glue sticks, but that's more of an investment to me)  It is beautiful, classic looking, and could easily have come out of an Anthropologie catalog!  So in love!


2 comments:

  1. I find anonymous comments quite spineless and rude. It is one thing to impart an opinion on someone, but to do so in such a rude, hurtful and public manner is tasteless and childish.

    Shame on anonymous and anyone else who would behave in such a rude and inconsiderate manner.

    There is nothing wrong with this blog or you, Crys. Ignore the ignorant and live your life the way you see fit. I'm not religious, but I am pretty sure that only one Man has the right to judge us.

    And by the way, your true FAMILY would never post something like what "anonymous" posted on your blog. They would support and love you no matter what. True FAMILY supports YOU even if they do not support what you do.

    Just know that you are loved and supported in what you do. You have every right to be your own woman and live your life to the fullest without judgement and ridicule.

    Love you.
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you over from Maillardville Manor, intrigued by the idea of the paper wreath. It's really neat! I guess the burns came from using the glue gun? Ow! It's very shabby chic/romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete