Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blog blog blog!

Hello world!  I've been meaning to get around to blogging for a while now, especially since I've been planning a wedding for almost a year.  But, during most of that time, I was also a full-time grad student.  Now that I am finished with school, I can focus a little more on fun stuff.

My fiancé and I started looking at blueprints for houses today.  Now let me be clear: we are nowhere near ready to build a house!  I haven't started teaching and fiancé has not figured out what he wants to do with his life.  So this is all a very far off dream of ours.  But fiancé's parents have some land beside their beautiful house and it is our dream to build beside them.  That said, I want to share my favorite house!

Rye Patch Cottage
The concept drawing!

First floor
Second floor, including an awesome office space above the garage!  This has my name written all over it.
I just love the possibilities that this house holds for us!  It has loads of space, with all the features we want.  We can have a basement (which is of utmost importance to fiancé).  And we can make memories with our new family (my favorite part!).

Luckily, we have fiancé's parents who are experienced with building.  We have his uncle who is an expert carpenter and framer.  We won't have to pay for the land, so we can save a lot of money there.  And, most of all, I love that we will raise our family so close to their grandparents.  I see a bright future for the Manis family!


1 comment:

  1. I love love love this house!!! I can see you, with gray hair, rocking on the porch, possibly drinking a mint julep, as you laugh and love on grandbabies.... Yep, that's what I see!

    ReplyDelete