Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wedding Guilt

From the time my fiancé and I started planning our wedding, I have felt guilty for asking so much of everyone involved.  I felt guilty for fiancé's mom paying for and helping plan most of the wedding.  I felt guilty for asking my bridal party to take time out of their schedules and money out of their wallets to be a part of my wedding.  I felt guilty registering for lingerie because it's not really a necessity.  Most of all, I felt guilty registering for my home goods because everything is so expensive these days.  We registered at Target, so I kept things pretty affordable there.  But my desires don't always match my need to keep things inexpensive.  If I could have my dream wedding registry, this is what would be on it:

Juliska Berry and Thread Collection in Butter Yellow
I would want place settings, serving dishes, etc etc.  It's just so gorgeous!!

Lenox Flourish Stemware
Autumn Legacy by Lenox

A lot of couples register for beautiful things like this.  I always wonder if they get what they ask for or if they're left with only one or two pieces of a set.  I wonder if my wedding guests would resent me for registering for such pricey (but completely gorgeous) items.  I guess my Southern simplicity gets the best of me in situations like this and I end up registering for things I want less (though still lovely items).  Any opinions on this??


No comments:

Post a Comment