Monday, August 30, 2010

My Wedding Invitations!

A couple of months after I became engaged, I found the most beautiful DIY- wedding invitations at Target.  They were the perfect color, had a gorgeous design, and were simple.  When I first found them, they were $20-something for a box of 50.  Knowing I would probably need 100, I would have spent about $50 for two boxes.  This, of course, isn’t a drop in the bucket compared to most people’s invitation suites.  But, as I had a very small budget, I put off buying them.  A few weeks later, I went back with my fiancé and a good friend.  Lo and behold, the invitations were marked down to only $15 or so!  I bought all of my invitations for only $30!!


(Excuse the lighting; I live in a tiny little apartment and our light fixtures are horrible.)

To me, these invitations are completely gorgeous.  They have the details I wanted, without being over the top or tacky.  


One way I was able to save so much money is by printing the invitations myself.  I used a font called English (which I can't, for the life of me, remember where I found it).  I tinkered with the size and the spacing.  Gartner Studios (www.gartnerstudios.com) provides templates for both the invitations and the response cards on their website.  I was able to edit them in Microsoft Word, which I am most comfortable with.  I printed out some test copies, then set to printing out the real things!


I set up an invitation station at my kitchen table, with my printer hooked up and ready.  I've had the printer for six and a half year- a graduation gift from my late grandmother.  The printer took me through a Bachelors, a Masters, and miscellaneous other life events.  But when it came time to print my WEDDING invitations, it died!  RIP HP Deskjet Printer. 


Luckily, I saddled up my fiancé's printer and got them all printed, put together, and sent out! Now we're just awaiting responses!  I simply love my budget-friendly wedding invitations!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up to my Thrilling Thursday party. Hope you will join in again next week :)

    ~Lori @ Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete