Sunday, August 29, 2010

Color block

Go here and come back: www.remodelista.com*

I LOVE this color combination.

http://remodelista.com/posts/high-low-gray-and-saffron-bed-linens












I think it's clean and fresh looking, but also extremely cozy.  Gray and saffron are really different colors (in my mind), but look awesome together.  I would love to implement that kind of color scheme in my own home.  But, when I try to figure out a wall color that would match them, I go blank.  Would you paint walls gray?  Would you paint them saffron?  Or would you paint them an entirely different color?  How would you coordinate this bedding with a room??











*If you are not familiar with Remodelista, it is a pretty amazing sourcebook for designers and non-designers alike.  It, in fact, is "the sourcebook for the considered home," which, incidentally, is exactly what I want my home to be.  Their iPhone app gives daily items that sometimes make me go weak at the knees.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment